Sep 10, 2014

...And Hell is Hot

We humans waste a lot of time looking for THE perfect thing, when really "perfect", the way we imagine it, is only as perfect as we are, and we are not perfect.
I am guilty of wasting time worried about things that were beyond my control, spending time with people that put me down and who ultimately did not have my interests at heart. I let things distract me from my goals and now I am paying for it. I am finding that I have to self-correct a lot while I am in process of becoming and it is exhausting. Waiting for perfect (time, place, person) is not for the faint of heart.
Now, at the age I am, everything that I am learning are the things that I should have learned years ago, and hard as I may wish it, going back is not an option. There is no magic door back to the past. There's no rabbit hole that will take back to the moment where that pivotal decision needed to be made so that maybe I can take what was behind door number 2.
No, definitely not able to go back. So, I move forward and move forward and move forward until I am done. 
I don't think I will ever be done.


No comments: